Acceptance of The Seven Principles and our Code of Ethics are a condition of membership.
The Seven Principles
1. The Universal Fatherhood of God
2. The Universal Brotherhood of Man
3. The Communion of Spirits and the Ministry of Angels
4. The Survival of Bodily Death
5. Personal Responsibility
6. Compensation and Retribution, here or hereafter, for all the Good and Evil Deeds done on Earth
7. Eternal Progress open to every Human Soul
- supply a common basis of belief, a spiritual philosophy
- are a foundation for a way of life
- allow Spiritualism to be free from creed or dogma as a religious philosophy
- do not necessarily express the full creed of all Spiritualists
Code of Ethics
The members of Spiritualism New Zealand share a common commitment to promote and support ethical practices of the highest possible standards in all fields relating to spiritualism within New Zealand.
Members agree to abide by the following standards:-
- To uphold the Seven Principles of Spiritualism in its various forms.
- To promote and maintain professional relationships with all members of Spiritualism New Zealand.
- To individually and collectively strive to promote spiritual knowledge and understanding throughout New Zealand.
- To support Spiritualism New Zealand by promoting the organisation and its activities,
- To not speak or act in any way that will bring the members or organisation of Spiritualism New Zealand into disrepute,
This Code of Ethics is a guideline only and does not represent the full range of good conduct and ethical behaviour.