Spiritual healing and how it works
Spiritual healing is a natural, non-invasive therapy. Spiritual healing is energy that comes from the divine force that some of us call God….energy fields. Very simply, spiritual healing can be described as healing energy sent from Spirit (divine source), through Spirit (the healer), to Spirit (the recipient).
Spiritual healing works by strengthening the body’s immune system, stimulating its ability to self-heal, relaxing the body, allowing the release of tensions and stresses and bringing peace and balance to mind, body and soul.
Who can become a spiritual healer?
Anyone can become a spiritual healer. We all have an innate ability to connect with the healing energy.
To learn more about how to become a spiritual healer, check out our Registered Healers page.
Where can you access spiritual healing?
Registered Spiritual Healers are available either through our many member organisations or as individual registered practitioners. Contact information can be found in our website Directory.
Many spiritualist churches and centres also have spiritual healing available.
What is absent healing?
- Absent healing is when spiritual healers ask for the healing energy to be sent to somebody at another location, eg another town or even another country.
- It occurs when the healer attunes to the source healing energy to give healing to a person who is not physically present.
- This healing is sent on a love vibration to the recipient’s soul and at this stage that soul can choose whether to accept the healing. If the healing is not accepted, it is absorbed into the Earth’s vibrations, adding to the healing required for our planet.
- Most spiritualist churches have a healing book in which you can write the names, situations or pets where you know there is a need for healing. The healing will be sent by the church healers through absent healing.
What can you expect from spiritual healing?
- That you will always be treated with dignity and respect.
- All SNZ Registered Healers abide by the Spiritual Healers Code of Ethics at all times.
- The healer’s intent will be that you will always feel comfortable and safe.
- Healing can be given while you are sitting on a chair or lying on a massage table.
- Some healers will use touch as part of the healing process, while others will hold their hands a few inches away from your body or simply sit opposite you.
- You may choose to remove such items as coats, hats, footwear or glasses but you will not be asked to remove any other clothing.
- You will only receive what is right for you at the time, bearing in mind it is not only your physical body that is receiving the healing, but also your mental, spiritual and emotional aspects.
- Spiritual healers do not give any diagnosis of illness or any guarantees of recovery.