What Does it Mean to Live a Spiritual Life?
There are a wide range of ideas and beliefs about what it means to live a spiritual life. Spiritualism New Zealand’s philosophy acknowledges and respects the diversity of beliefs in our communities, and also defines some core ideals and principles that relate to living spiritually.
Some of these are:
- Becoming non-judgemental, while still taking action to ensure community safety.
- Taking personal responsibility for our thoughts, actions and words.
- Becoming true to yourself, and being open to life-long learning and growth.
- Living from a place of unconditional love.
- Practicing the art of gratitude.
- Having a connection with your soul and the spirit realm.
- Accepting that you are part of the oneness of all that is.
- Raising your vibrations out of negativity into positivity.
- Living in the now.
To gain a deeper understanding of these, read our article What does it mean to live a spiritual life
“Learn About….” Information Series
In this series, you will find brief information about a range of spiritual topics. While some of these articles are available to everyone, there is also a selection only available to our members. Information about becoming a member so that you can have full access is available on our Membership page.
Each month we will open access to one article for everyone to read. Notification of this article will be in our monthly newsletter.
Keep an eye out for new content or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest other topics you would like to learn about.
Member only Content
Sign up to view the many additional links provided for our Members
In our directory, you will be able to locate a range of spiritual practitioners: spiritual healers, psychics/mediums, and other practitioners. Many practitioners work remotely, or you can look for people who live in your area.
Our events section shows upcoming events from both SNZ and our members such as our annual retreat, AGM, Webinars, Spiritualist Church services (live and online), regional roadshows, workshops and healing events.
Join our free Newsletter
Spiritualism New Zealand distributes a regular free email newsletter to those who have signed up for it. You don’t have to be a member to receive our newsletters, but we do need your email address. You can check out our back copies of the newsletter in our Resources section.