By asking for spiritual healing, you are asking for and allowing the spiritual healing energies of the universal energy to work with you and help you to move through the situation you are in at this moment. Nothing is expected from you except perhaps an openness to what may happen and a degree of trust in the process.
It is now being shown that a positive attitude in wanting to feel well again, can have a great influence on the level of recovery, both with medical treatment and spiritual healing.
What is spiritual healing?
- Spiritual healing is a natural, non-invasive therapy that aims to bring balance to mind, body and soul.
- It works with a simple, safe and supportive energy that stimulates the body’s own natural healing ability.
- The healer links to source healing energy that is all around us and allows the energy to flow through them to the recipient.
- Spiritual healing works alongside all other forms of treatment. Recipients are always encouraged to seek and follow medical advice as well as receiving healing.
What does spiritual healing do?
- It stimulates the body’s own ability to self-heal
- It relaxes the body, allowing the release of tensions and stresses
- It works to strengthen the body’s own immune system
- It helps to restore the balance of body, mind and spirit
- It encourages the flow of energy throughout your body bringing peace and balance to mind, body and soul
Where is it available?
- Spiritualism New Zealand has Registered Spiritual Healers available either through their many member organisations or as individual registered practitioners. Contact information for these practitioners is in our website Directory.
- Many spiritualist churches and centres also have spiritual healing available.
What is absent healing?
- Absent healing is when spiritual healers ask for the healing energy to be sent to somebody at another location, eg another town or even another country.
- It occurs when the healer attunes to the source healing energy to give healing to a person who is not physically present.
- This healing is sent on a love vibration to the recipient’s soul and at this stage that soul can choose whether to accept the healing. If the healing is not accepted, it is absorbed into the Earth’s vibrations, adding to the healing required for our planet.
- Most spiritualist churches have a healing book in which you can write the names, situations or pets where you know there is a need for healing. The healing will be sent by the church healers through absent healing.
What can you expect from spiritual healing?
- That you will always be treated with dignity and respect.
- All SNZ Registered Healers abide by the Spiritual Healers Code of Ethics at all times.
- The healer’s intent will be that you will always feel comfortable and safe.
- Healing can be given while you are sitting on a chair or lying on a massage table.
- Some healers will use touch as part of the healing process, while others will hold their hands a few inches away from your body or simply sit opposite you.
- You may choose to remove such items as coats, hats, footwear or glasses but you will not be asked to remove any other clothing.
- You will only receive what is right for you at the time, bearing in mind it is not only your physical body that is receiving the healing, but also your mental, spiritual and emotional aspects.
- Spiritual healers do not give any diagnosis of illness or any guarantees of recovery.
Who can become a spiritual healer?
- Anyone can become a spiritual healer as we all have that innate ability to connect with the healing energy within us
- To learn more about how to do this, check out our Registered Spiritual Healers page.